JULY 22 ONTARIO
GLEN ORO SUMMER HORSE TRIALS
OI, OP, P, OT, T, OPT, PT, OE, E, PE
Opening Date: May 1 Closing Date: July 13
Sec: Janette Leask, PO Box 37, Hillsburgh, ON N0B 1Z0 email:email@example.com tel#: (519) 855-4566
Org: Leslie Saila, 2574 Line 10 N, Oro-Medonte, ON. L0L 1T0.
1) ENTRIES: PE-$200.00 ; E-$200.00; PT-$220.00 ; T-$230.00 ; P-$255.00
OI-$285.00. HST, Drug, ambulance, and “Building Ontario One Event at a Time” fees included in entry. All levels please add $12 CE Levy. Send entries to secretary - online entries at www.evententries.com preferred. Note: A copy of all current memberships must accompany entry. In an effort to go green - email copies are preferred. For Training level and above - a digital Horse Recording must be emailed to the Secretary. Any entries received after the closing date will be subject to a $30.00 late fee. Refunds: Before CD, in full. After CD, no refunds. Cheques made payable to Glen Oro Horse Trials. Payment can also be made via etransfer – contact the secretary for details. No postdated cheques. NSF cheques will be charged an additional $25. All scratches must be in writing.
2) TIME SCHEDULE: July 21st: 3 pm - office and course open. July 22nd: 7:30 am-- dressage; 10:00 am – show jumping; 12:00 pm - cross country. Start times available Thursday July 20th on-line at www.horsetrials.on.ca or www.glenoro.com
3) OFFICIALS: TD: Jenny Franks, CD: Ian Roberts, Hugh Morshead & Leslie Saila, CB: Hugh Morshead & Ian Roberts, SJ CD: Sally Sainsbury. Judges: TBA
4) STABLING: Please call or e-mail for availability of local stabling within immediate area. Very limited on site, $60 per night.
5) DRESSAGE: I: 2015 FEI 2* Test A; P: 2015 FEI 1* Test A; (2016 EC Eventing tests) T: Training #1; PT: Pre Training 1; E & PE: Entry 1. Arenas: I, P - 20x60m; T, PT, E & PE- 20x 40m. Sand
6) CROSS COUNTRY: I- 3100m@550mpm P- 2650m @520 mpm, T- 2250 @ 450 mpm, PT- 1750 @ 400 mpm, E- 1400@350 mpm, PE- 1200m@350 mpm. Terrain: Good galloping courses on superb footing. Rolling terrain. New fences on all courses.
7) AWARDS: Prize money to 3rd Intermediate & Preliminary. Ribbons to 10th.
8) ACCOMMODATIONS: Econolodge (705)326-3554; Travelodge Motor Inn, 1-800-461-0288; Horseshoe Resort 1-800-461-5267; Highwayman Inn (705) 326-7343; Comfort Inn (705) 327-7774;; Verandahs B&B, (705) 487-1910; Heigh Head B&B, (705) 835-5386; Inn The Woods, (705) 835-6193. Camping available, no facilities.
9) DIRECTIONS: From Hwy 11 North of Barrie to Oro Line 9; go over overpass west to Bass Lake Side Road (3rd stop sign). At “T” junction, turn right and go 1.2 km to Oro line 10. Turn left to second farm on left. From Hwy 400, take Horseshoe Valley Road East past Coulson to 10th Oro (at Jarratt). Turn right on 10th. Farm 2 km on right. From Hwy 12 to Orillia, at Hwy 11 overpass go over Hwy 11, turn left immediately on Cty. Rd. 11 (Old Barrie Rd) Go to Oro Line 12, turn right to first stop sign. Turn left to Oro line 10, turn right, farm 2nd on left.
10) OTHER INFORMATION: All XC courses updated with new fences and tracks. Great catering! Farrier, and medical on site. Vet on call. All dogs must be leashed. Lots of parking. Come and have a great time!!!